Friday, September 11, 2009

A Few Good Finds From 1989...


Sorry I've been out so long. It's been a hectic week. Anyway a made a few good finds today. The first one is Trouble's self titled album from 1989. Is has been out of print for many, many years, and has suddenly showed up on Amazon.com for 9.99 to download! I was shocked...going prices for this on CD have been pushing $150 as of late. This is my favorite Trouble album, one that I remember fondly. It got me through the angst of my high school years, and it's music really led to my interest in stoner/doom/hippie metal over the years. Trouble are the kings of doom, and a review of this album will be coming shortly. I'm glad to finally get this one on CD...my tape has been out of commission far at least fifteen years.

My next find is a purchase I've been putting off for a long time. It's The Cure's "Disintegration", also from 1989. My favorite Cure album without a doubt. Once again, this is one I had on tape in my teen years and listened to religiously. For some reason, I never re-purchased it on CD until today. This is one I have not heard in it's entirety in about fifteen years as well. You can expect a review for this one as well.

Last, but not least, I haven't forgotten about the review of "Shivers". It's coming this weekend, so stay tuned.

No comments: