Saturday, September 12, 2009

GODFLESH: CHRISTBAIT RISING


Ok. I'm on a roll of gloomy music here today so I might as well finish off the evening with the bleakest of them all...Godflesh. "Christbait Rising" comes from their second album "Streetcleaner", released in 1990. This is the first Godflesh album I had ever heard. I bought it when it first came out back in high school, and it blew me away. Never before have two men and a drum machine sounded so heavy. Very primitive and full of dread and paranoia...my hat goes off to Justin Broadrick and G. C. Green for creating the heaviest, most primitive and foreboding industrial doom metal ever made. Just listen to "Christbait Rising", and pick up the disc "Streetcleaner" if you like what you hear. I love Godlfesh, so don't be surprised if you see more Godflesh posts in the future.

No comments: