Sunday, August 30, 2009

LITTLE RICHARD: THE GIRL CAN'T HELP IT



I don't know why, but this song's been running through my head a bit too much lately. Pure raw, grimy, high octane R&B, courtesy of Little Richard. Here it's, 'The Girl Can't Help It". It's from the Pink Flamingos soundtrack, possibly the filthiest soundtrack ever made to perfectly compliment the John Water's cult classic about the filthiest people alive. I love this movie and the soundtrack equally. I think I'll be bringing you music from John Waters' films periodically from now on. I want to do some John Waters reviews to, but I've seen his movies so many times throughout my life I'm a bit burnt out on them at the moment...except for "Multiple Maniacs". I can't get enough of that one. And it's the one John Waters will not release on DVD so I'm stuck with my old VHS copy...

Anyway, enjoy Little Richard's "The Girl Can't Help It". More music from the films of John Waters is coming.

No comments: