Saturday, November 21, 2009

HELIOS CREED: LEAVING THE BODY


Some truly unsettling, deep-freeze vaccum of outer space, claustrophobic yet wide open drug-induced terror...beautiful, brilliant. This song gives me the chills every time I hear it. Exquisitely horrific. It's called "Leaving the Body", from Helios Creed's 1995 album "Cosmic Assault". You can't go wrong with Helios Creed. Every album he puts out has consistent quality, and you always know what you're going to get. His output has been prolific and many of his albums are nigh impossible to find. I am partial to "Lactating Purple", though. That disc is his most brilliant moment in my opinion.

Anyway, enjoy "Leaving the Body", and pick up "Cosmic Assault" if you haven't already. If you aren't a Helios Creed fan, maybe this will turn you on to the King of space rock...

2 comments:

Haig said...

I also think that Lactating Purple is a very very fine album. It was something of a defining moment when I was in college-- the disc is still near my studio cd player to this day. ALSO: I appreciate that you appreciate Die You Zombie Bastards!, as I co-wrote and co-produced it with Caleb. Thank you for your kind words. Keep on having good taste in my book -- I'm glad someone does.
Zombastically,
HAIG DEMARJIAN

Steve Smith said...

Thanks for the comment Haig, ands thanks for reading.