Saturday, June 13, 2009

A Movie I Have to Get...ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS!


This is a movie that I must have. I saw it a long time ago at a fellow b-movie fan's house more than ten years ago. He had a dub of it he copied from TV. Anyway, we were a tad bit tweaked at the time, but something about this movie just blew me away. I've been hunting this one down off and on ever since then with no luck, and eventually I forgot about it. After watching "The Angry Red Planet" a few days ago, memories of this movie came back to me. It's been long out of print, but not anymore. It's been re-released on DVD as part of the Criterion collection, in print since 2007!

"Robinson Crusoe on Mars" is a unique outer space film...it essentially takes the premise of Daniel Defoe's novel "Robinson Crusoe" and transports it to outer space. It is about one man and his chimp companion's attempt to survive on the hostile red planet. The struggle to breathe, the terrible isolation, etc. Anyway, I've gotta get this one. My birthday's coming up soon so this is what I want. Don't have to have anything else.


No comments: