Monday, January 12, 2009

"Can't Go Wrong Without You"


This has to be one of the strangest and disturbing songs and videos I've ever seen or heard. It came from the art rock band's His Name Is Alive 1993 release "Mouth By Mouth". The song is "Can't Go Wrong Without You", and the video is made by the strangely beautiful yet disturbing stop-motion animation masters The Brothers Quay. I remember seeing this on 120 Minutes way back in the day when it first came out. For some reason, it's been stuck in my head for the past couple of days and I can't get it out. The album it came from is pretty good as well, but this song just stands out for some reason. Here's the video. Don't worry. I'm sure it will haunt you too.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Quays have always done some cool stuff.

Steve Smith said...

Yea, I have some of The Brothers Quay's short films on video tape somewhere...they are dubbed though so the picture quality isn't that great.