Thursday, March 26, 2009

TROUBLE


Trouble. An incredible, highly influential doom metal band from the 1980's. In the 1990's they streamlined their sound a good bit, making it more accessible and tuneful, but still as heavy as ever. They began to draw heavily from 1960's and and early 1970's psychedelic rock, relying just as much on the heavy harmonies of The Beatles as they do on the doomy riffing of Black Sabbath. Everything you love about Trouble is still there: the frayed nerve endings guitar solos, crushing riffs, and Eric Wagner's tortured vocals. It's just wrapped up in more accessible and potent package.

My favorite album from this time period is their self-titled, 1990 release. It is one of my favorite metal albums of all time. Sadly, it has been long of print, and I do not even have a copy anymore. I hope they bring this one back in print soon. The asking price on this on Amazon and other places is astronomical. I wish I could tell you to rush out and get this album now, but I can't. It's something that you will have to track down in bits and pieces digitally from You Tube and other sources.

Here's my favorite song from the album and possibly the greatest Trouble tune of all time. Sorry, there is no video for this one, "The Wolf".

The Wolf - Trouble
Here's the videos to "Psychotic Reaction" and "At the End of My Daze". Enjoy.




No comments: