Thursday, February 5, 2009

Lux Interior Dead at 62


I was saddened to learn today (thanks KNY over at Luceriffic!) that Lux Interior, the lead singer and co-founder of The Cramps passed away yesterday February 4th at Glendale Memorial California in Glendale, California from a pre-existing heart condition. He was 62 years old. The Cramps have been a huge influence on my outlook on life. Their passion for B-movies, rockabilly, bizarre vintage rock and roll, horror, and a passionate lust for life has really served as an inspiration to me and helped form some of my musical and cinematic tastes over the years. Lux Interior will be sorely missed, but his music will live on forever. He is survived by his wife of 37 years and co-founder/guitarist of The Cramps Ivy Rorschach. Let us think of her and our give her our best hopes during this difficult time.
You can read the full story here.
Here's a couple of my favorite Cramps songs. Lux Interior, R.I.P.






2 comments:

Zachary Kelley said...

One of the first two CD's I bought when I was about 13 was The Cramps A Date With Elvis. I still have that CD, and I'm putting it on now.

Steve Smith said...

A "Date With Elvis" is an incredible Cramps album. The first one I bought was "Smell of Female".